"Keep a Journal: How else are you going to get a good look at who you were?"

Sunday, March 01, 2015

I miss my old couch...

Here's another in our continuing series on Getting Older.

Did you know that it used to be commonplace for older folks to get up in the middle of the night and read or whittle or putter around at whatever until their eyes got heavy enough to go back to bed?

Of course, folks used to get to bed a lot earlier "back then".  Used to get up earlier in the morning too...

I find myself in much the same situation now.

There is a comfortable bed in the back bedroom.  There is a waterbed in my (sub-divided) living room.  There is my oh-so-comfy couch.

There was my oh-so-comfy couch.  It got replaced this week with a new model...that I have yet to figure out how to sleep comfortably on.

See, I get up in the middle of the night.  I go to bed pretty early these days.  I am also getting up earlier in the morning.  Sometimes I rise early to hit the gym.

Oh yeah, I'm going to the gym somewhat regular-like!  Also making good use of that treadmill I traded the tool chest for.

Anyways, I've still got sleep apnea, and my mouth applicance helps, but it's a little yucky to wear.

So I got into the habit of sleeping sitting up on the couch.

BUT.

The new couch isn't as good for sleeping sitting up and I'm...losing sleep over it.

Sigh.

No comments: